Here are my weekly notes:
- Had a fun, quick trip to Banff this weekend to participate in a panel at the Canadian Arts Summit. Lots of driving, but nice to have a change of scenery.
- Is it fair to say “it’s about time!” – EveryBlock now supports Portland.
- Apparently OpenDNS now serves 1% of the Internet. I use it at home.
- CBC is the odd man out in the fee-for-carriage fight. You can read about the CRTC’s decision here.
- I remember using ffmpeg back in 2005 and even then I was really impressed with all that it could do. No surprise that it is at the heart of the new Miro Video Converter.
- Looks like power consumption here in Edmonton during Earth Hour dropped less this year than it did last year.