Here is my latest update on local media stuff:
- Looks like Edmonton did well at the 2013 Canadian Music and Broadcast Industry Awards. Congratulations to The Bear’s Lochlin Cross, named Music Director of the Year (Major Market), Sonic’s Al Ford, named Program Director of the Year (Major Market), and to Sonic 102.9 itself, named Station of the Year (Rock).
- Congratulations to all the winners of the Alberta Magazine Awards!
- Spacing Magazine will soon be launching an Edmonton edition, well digitally anyway. The launch party takes place on April 4 at The Common. See you there!
- CTV is launching a new daytime talk show called The Social this fall. Think of it like The View or The Talk, but with a bit of a social media twist. “During the live program, the panel checks in on various social media platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. The topical feel of the show allows the co-hosts to engage with viewers through social media, e-mail, and text messaging on a real-time basis.”
- Looks like Global is first to the responsive web with a brand new GlobalNews.ca. It looks pretty nice on my Windows Phone!
- Rumor has it Dave Rutherford could be departing Calgary’s CHQR this year. His syndicated show is the #1 rated show in the province.
- Oh the caption fun one could have with this photo!
- Here’s a podcast with CTV’s Jason Konoza called ‘Newsworthy Narbo’. He talks about his extensive experience in broadcast editing, so check it out.
- CTV Two’s Alberta Primetime is looking for a reporter/producer to join the team.
- The latest Relinked column is all about last week’s big storm. You won’t be surprised to learn that people couldn’t get enough coverage!
- Here are some thoughts on Make Something Edmonton from Karen Unland.
- Sean Burke, who was let go by Corus in November, has found a new home with Leduc’s new radio station The ONE. Speaking of which – 93.1 The ONE will launch officially on April 16 at 9:31am.
- MODCITY has launched a new website, and it’s definitely got a different look!
- In case you missed it, Vue Weekly did a feature on some of our city’s food bloggers.
- Some local media celebrities walked the runway at Western Canada Fashion Week this weekend – check it out here!
- Love this, from the IABC Edmonton panel on media:
— Capital Ideas (@CapitalIdeasYEG) March 21, 2013
And now that you’re thinking of food…
Here’s Top Chef Master Chris Cosentino doing his thing at NAIT where he’s the latest Chef in Residence! Check out the Twitter Chat NAIT did here.
So, what have I missed? What’s new and interesting in the world of Edmonton media? Let me know!