For anyone not currently in Edmonton, the Oilers won again tonight, defeating the Ducks by a score of 5-4. If you’re in Edmonton, you can no doubt hear the cheering and honking from wherever you are reading this! The game ended up being much too close, as the Oilers fell asleep and blew a four goal lead. That said, we’re only five wins away from bringing the cup home baby, back home to the City of Champions!
- Tonight’s game was Chris Pronger’s 100th playoff game.
- Toby Peterson scored the first goal tonight, his first ever playoff goal.
- Steve Staios also scored his first ever playoff goal tonight.
- The Ducks have lost 13 consecutive games in Edmonton, dating back to Feb. 24, 1999.
- Tonight was the seventh consecutive playoff sellout for the Oilers.
- Before the game, anthem singer Paul Lorieau pointed his microphone to the crowd as they sang O Canada.
- Anaheim has outshot Edmonton in all three games of the series.
- Peca has scored a goal in four straight games and has points in his last six.
- NHL commissioner Gary Bettman took in the game and got a mix of cheers and boos when his visit was announced on the JumboTron.
Let’s go Oilers, let’s go! Hopefully Thursday’s game is much less stressful than tonight’s.