Here are my weekly notes:
- Happy Birthday Sharon! (tomorrow) We celebrated yesterday with dinner at Characters, some skee-ball at Chuck E. Cheese, and Get Smart. Fun!
- Popular blogger Louis Gray documented the birth of his twins this weekend using Twitter and FriendFeed. He summarized things on his blog. How did he do this? Wi-Fi at the hospital. Yet another reason to support free wi-fi.
- The Coca-Cola Happiness Factory is one of my favorite advertisements of all time. Scott Beale has found the original 60 second spot, the 3:30 mini-movie that followed, as well as a “making of” video. Very cool.
- PwC thinks that gaming will be a $68 billion business by 2012.
- Despite server hiccups due to the load, the launch of Firefox 3 was a success with over 8 million downloads in 24 hours.
- Time to start planning Edmonton’s second Tweetup. Unless someone comes up with a much better idea, I think it makes sense to go back to Three Banana’s Cafe downtown. On a related note…some of us in Edmonton have started using #yeg to denote tweets that are of interest to the Edmonton community (we copied the #yyc guys).
- Congratulations to Chasing Jones, a local Edmonton band who released their debut EP on Friday at the Starlite Room. I went to high school with front-man Nick Di Lullo. He’s interviewed in Vue Weekly here.
- My Dad is passing through town on Thursday, so I’m looking forward to meeting up with him for dinner.