Our fourth “official” meetup for Twitter users in the Edmonton area was a success! About 45 people stopped by Vintage Lounge this evening. The team at Vintage deserve major thanks for handling everything so smoothly, as we had many more people show up than was guesstimated a week or two ago.
Actually, I was quite impressed with the turnout. We had about the same number as Twestival back in February, but in comparison did little or no marketing. There were certainly no front page stories in the local newspapers for tonight’s event! Once again, there was a nice mix of new and familiar faces.
It looked like lots of orders of Mini Burgers came out from the kitchen. I ordered the Italian Sausage Macaroni for dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food menu at Vintage isn’t extensive, but it is good. Worth checking out.
Here are a few select tweets about tonight’s event:
- @rlesueur: Tonight attended first #yegtweetup. Good evening, good people. I’ll be back!
- @bruceclarke: Nice seeing everyone and meeting some new people at tonight’s #yegtweetup.
- @alexismac: Had more fun at #yegtweetup than anticipated. Damn – now I have to go the next one.
- @chrislabossiere: That was a great #yegTweetup thanks @alexismac for the wine, I owe you.
- @thechadj: So extremely tired. #yegtweetup proves to be too much! Good times!
- @ammneh: Ok that was fun! #yeg #tweetup
- @ink_slinger: #yegtweetup was pretty good. Still going strong, but I’m heading out now.
Coming up next week is the NHL Tweetup, taking place at the same time and place as Techwing Wednesday, so it should be a big, diverse crowd. As always, check out the EdmontonTweetup wiki for other upcoming tweetups or to plan your own!
Thanks to everyone who came out tonight – sorry if I didn’t get a chance to chat with you! A partial list of attendees is up on the wiki, so feel free to add yourself.
See you at EdmontonTweetup5!