Back on March 3rd, I posted a list of local media organizations on Twitter. At that time, there were roughly a dozen organizations with official accounts. It was easier to count the number of organizations using Twitter, than those not using it.
That’s no longer the case.
Here are the local media organizations using Twitter as of April 10th, 2009, by category.
- Edmonton Examiner – @Edm_Examiner
- Edmonton Journal – @edmontonjournal
- Edmonton Sun – @edmontonsun
- Edmontonians – @edmontonians
- Metro Edmonton – @metroedmonton
- The Gateway – @The_Gateway
- The Nugget – @TheNuggetOnline
- Vue Weekly – @vueweekly
- CBC Edmonton – @cbcedmonton
- Citytv Edmonton – @CitytvEdmonton
- CTV Edmonton – @ctvedmonton
- Global Edmonton – @globaledmonton
- 100.3 The Bear – @1003TheBear
- 630 CHED – @630CHED
- 91.7 The Bounce – @917thebounce
- 92.5 JOE FM – @JOEFM
- 96.3 Capital FM – @capitalfm
- CISN Country 103.9 – @CISNCountry
- CJSR FM 88 – @CJSR
- CKUA Radio – @ckuaradio
- iNews880 – @iNews880
- K97 FM – @K97
- NAIT Campus Radio – @NR92
- SONiC 102.9 FM – @sonic1029
Of course, these are just the official accounts. For each of these, there are employees and personalities with their own accounts. That list of names is growing ever longer!
So which organizations are missing?
- 101.7 World FM
- 105.9 Shine FM
- 790 CFCW, though there is @stella790cfcw
- Access TV, though they do have @ABPrimetime
- AM930 The Light
- EZ Rock 104.9
- Magic 99
- OMNI Edmonton
- SEE Magazine
- Shaw TV Edmonton
- The Team 1260, though there is @CoreyGraham
Some of these organizations may never get on Twitter, I suppose.
I think it’s fair to say that we’ve reached critical mass with regards to the local media on Twitter. It’ll be interesting now to see how they use it, especially as more and more Edmontonians join the service.