Welcome to the second State of the Calgary Twittersphere of 2010, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Calgary, AB. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For February 2010:
# of local users: 8190 (an increase of 819 from January)
# of tweets by local users: 390224
# of tweets by local users containing #yyc: 11486 (2.9%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 116346 (29.8%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 112937 (28.9%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 20679 (5.3%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 13422 (3.4%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates:
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just under 48% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 9.7 tweets per minute in February (compared to 7.9 tweets per minute in January).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was February 28 at 21292. On average, 13937 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 11334 in January).
- Of the 116346 replies posted by local users this month, 31507 or 27.1% were to other local users.
- A total of 1434 users posted 50 times or more in January. In comparison, 1319 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most followed local users:
Here are the top ten most listed local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yyc:
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
As with Edmonton and Victoria, the busiest day of the month was February 28 at 21292 tweets thanks to the gold medal hockey game. Calgary actually broke the 20000 mark twice this month – the other day was February 12, the day the opening ceremonies took place. It was a pretty impressive month for stats, especially given that it was three days shorter than normal!