Welcome to the third State of the Calgary Twittersphere of 2010, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Calgary, AB. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For March 2010:
# of local users: 9914 (an increase of 1724 from February)
# of tweets by local users: 473003
# of tweets by local users containing #yyc: 16273 (3.4%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 143512 (30.3%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 145927 (30.9%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 24607 (5.2%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 15013 (3.2%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates:
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just over 49% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 10.6 tweets per minute in February (compared to 9.7 tweets per minute in February).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was March 25 at 17829. On average, 15259 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 13937 in February).
- Of the 143512 replies posted by local users this month, 39809 or 27.7% were to other local users.
- A total of 1732 users posted 50 times or more in January. In comparison, 1606 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most followed local users:
Here are the top ten most listed local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yyc:
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
First off, apologies for the late stats this month. I think the increased numbers in March reflect three more days in the month than we had in February, but also some steady growth (and perhaps some modifications I made to my code). More than 11,000 tweets were posted each day in March.