Welcome to the third State of the Ottawa Twittersphere, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Ottawa, ON. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For March 2010:
# of local users: 10785 (an increase of 1419 from February)
# of tweets by local users: 539860
# of tweets by local users containing #ottawa/#yow: 4457 (0.8%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 189236 (35.1%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 153778 (28.4%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 29274 (5.4%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 16791 (3.1%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates:
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just over 51% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 12.1 tweets per minute in March (compared to 11.2 tweets per minute in February).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was March 23 at 20898. On average, 17415 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 16150 in February).
- Of the 189236 replies posted by local users this month, 58286 or 30.8% were to other local users.
- A total of 1981 users posted 50 times or more in January. In comparison, 1710 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most followed local users:
Here are the top ten most listed local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users:
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
First off, apologies for the late stats this month. I think the increased numbers in March reflect three more days in the month than we had in February, but also some steady growth (and perhaps some modifications I made to my code). More than 12,000 tweets were posted each day in March. The percentage of tagged tweets, while still small relative to other cities, did increase a little.