Welcome to the sixth State of the Edmonton Twittersphere of 2010, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Edmonton, AB. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For June 2010:
# of local users: 8178 (an increase of 127 from May)
# of tweets by local users: 422018
# of tweets by local users containing #yeg: 29861 (7.1%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 148809 (35.2%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 108225 (25.6%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 21092 (5.0%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 15355 (3.6%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates – UberTwitter has been overtaken!
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just over 51% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 9.8 tweets per minute in June (compared to 9.6 tweets per minute in May).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was June 25 at 17106. On average, 14068 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 13894 in May).
- Of the 148809 replies posted by local users this month, 56284 or 37.8% were to other local users.
- A total of 1631 users posted 50 times or more in June. In comparison, 1229 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most active local users (not including bots):
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yeg (not including bots):
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
Here are the top ten most retweeted local users (by other local users):
First off, my apologies to those of you who have been waiting for a stats update! I’ll be getting caught up over the next week or two.
There was a slight increase in the number of users in June, and a slight decrease in the number of tweets posted. I think that decrease is due to two things: one less day than in May, and the large amount of downtime that Twitter experienced in June (it was their worst month since August 2009). I’ll have more on this in a future post, but June 20 was the second anniversary of the #yeg hashtag!