Welcome to the seventh State of the Edmonton Twittersphere of 2010, my look at the intersection of Twitter and Edmonton, AB. You can see last month’s stats here.
For information on the data, definitions, and other background, click here.
For July 2010:
# of local users: 8227 (an increase of 49 from June)
# of tweets by local users: 446078
# of tweets by local users containing #yeg: 32290 (7.2%)
# of tweets by local users that were replies: 155793 (34.9%)
# of tweets by local users containing links: 121874 (27.3%)
# of tweets by local users that were retweets: 19864 (4.5%)
# of tweets by local users that were twooshes: 15646 (3.5%)
Here are the numbers above in graphic form:
Here are the top clients used by local users for posting updates – UberTwitter and Twitter for iPhone continue to duke it out.
Some other interesting stats for the month:
- Just over 51% of all local tweets were posted between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Local users posted roughly 10.0 tweets per minute in July (compared to 9.8 tweets per minute in June).
- The day with the most local tweets posted was July 30 at 19129. On average, 14390 local tweets were posted each day (compared to 14068 in June).
- Of the 155793 replies posted by local users this month, 61444 or 39.4% were to other local users.
- A total of 1658 users posted 50 times or more in July. In comparison, 1164 users posted just once.
Here are the top ten most followed local users:
Here are the top ten most listed local users:
Here are the top ten most active local users (not including bots):
Here are the top ten most active local users using #yeg (not including bots):
Here are the top ten most replied to local users:
Here are the top ten most retweeted local users (by other local users):
Even though July is one of the busiest months of the year here in Edmonton, local Twitter users were still pretty active! Not many new accounts, but there was a noticeable jump in the number of updates posted. The busiest day of the month, July 30, was the last Friday of Capital EX and Taste of Edmonton, and was also the day the Eskimos snapped a four-game losing streak to win their first game of the regular season.