The third annual Top 40 Under 40 list was unveiled this evening at the Winspear Centre. Avenue Edmonton has once again highlighted an amazing group of Edmontonians doing some really great things in our city.
“We are extremely proud to celebrate this accomplished, creative and insightful group of fellow citizens,” said Avenue publisher Orville Chubb. “They exemplify the best of Edmonton’s spirit.”
Here’s the Top 40 for 2011 and where you can find them online (in alphabetical order):
- Tim Adams, CBC Reporter
- Erick Ambtman – @ErickAmbtman, Executive Director, Edmonton Mennonite Centre for Newcomers
- Todd Babiak – @babiak, Writer, Co-Founder of Story Engine
- Maurizio Capano, VP Northern Alberta, Stuart Olson Dominion Construction Ltd.
- Darren Caul, Director, Alberta Gang Reduction Strategy
- Christine Causing, Coordinator, Edmonton’s NextGen Initiative
- Kori Chilibeck – @korichilibeck, Founder and CEO, Earth Group and Earth Water International
- Dr. Alexander Clark, Professor and Associate Dean, University of Alberta’s Faculty of Nursing
- Josh Classen – @joshclassen, Chief Meteorologist, CTV Edmonton
- Daniel Costa – @danielc0sta, Chef and Owner, Corso 32
- Diana Davidson, Director of Public Library Service Branch, Municipal Affairs
- Tannis Davidson – @tannisdavidson, President, My Filosophy
- James Dean – @JamesDeanPT, Founding Director, St. Albert Physical Therapy & Sports Injury Clinic
- Fiona Farrell, Creative Director, Donovan Creative
- Jennifer Fisk – @FreestoneJenn, Founder, Freestone Communications
- Jason Golinowski, Senior Communications Advisor, Natural Resources Canada
- Jason Gregor – @JasonGregor, Host, The Jason Gregor Show
- Ted Halabi, Publisher, SOS Children’s Safety Magazine
- Kristy Harcourt, Training & Rural Development Coordinator, Canadian Red Cross RespectED program
- Dawn Harsch, Founder, Exquisicare Inc.
- Chris Hayduk, Sergeant, Edmonton Police Service
- Christy Holtby – @christyholtby, Director of Development, University Hospital Foundation
- Lauren Hughes – @Lohughes, Creative Director, Mousy Browns
- Jeff Johnston, Industrial Designer (University of Alberta)
- Kyle Kasawski – @kylekasawski, President, Provident Solar Ltd.
- Cam Linke – @camlinke, CEO, Touch Metric; and Co-Founder, Startup Edmonton
- Rowena Manansala, Program Manager, Chimo Youth Retreat Centre
- Marie-Alice Mandhich, Orthodontist and Clinical instructor, University of Alberta
- Logan Mardhani-Bayne – @lmardhanibayne, Managing Director, Health Technology Assessment International
- Ryan McCourt, Sculptor and Owner of Common Sense Gallery
- Karen McDonald, Director of Community Relations, Seniors Association of Greater Edmonton
- Robert McLeod – @mcleodteam, Managing Director, McLeod Project Marketing
- Peter Osborne, Senior Associate, GEC Architecture
- David Papp – @DavidPapp, President, Microtek Corporation
- Dr. Jaggi Rao, Founder and Medical Director, Telederm Canada
- Sean Rayner – @seanDrayner, President, Vet’s Sheet Metal Ltd.
- Javier Salazar – @Javier_ST, Vice President, Junior Achievement of Northern Alberta
- Kari Skelton – @KariSkelton, Host of my Edmonton and The Wake Up! Show with Jason and Kari
- Tina Thomas, Director of Marketing and Fund Development, Edmonton Public Library
- Erica Viegas – @ericaviegas, Writer, Musician, Fund developer (University of Alberta)
- Dr. Jonathan Withey, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Grant MacEwan
The eagle-eyed among you may notice that there are actually 41 names in the list. The editor’s note in the issue explains the reason for this, but essentially there was some communication issues – the top 40 are busy people after all! The average age this year is 34.1, up from 33.4 in 2009 but down slightly from 34.6 in 2010.
Some of the names on the list are new to me, and that’s great – I love learning about awesome Edmontonians! I feel fortunate to know some of the others quite well. Congratulations to all!
The November issue of Avenue Magazine will be on stands across the city as of October 29. Watch for nominations for the 2012 list to open in the spring.