In less than 48 hours, Edmonton Twestival 2009 will be underway! I’m really looking forward to the event and I hope you are too.
One of the things we wanted to do with Twestival was showcase local organizations on Twitter. Fortunately, quite a few have stepped up to contribute door prizes! Thanks to:
- @sassycakes (site) – for contributing cupcakes and a gift certificate
- @bruceclarke (site) – for contributing an 8×10 framed print of his “Cigar Man” photograph
- @transcendcoffee (site) – for contributing two pounds of coffee
- @NAIT (site) – for contributing a $75 Ernest’s gift certificate and a NAIT water bottle
- @thechadj (site) – for contributing a car starter with basic installation
- @Out_Inc (site) – for contributing a gift basket
- @cmscritic (site) – for contributing Drupal t-shirts and other CMS swag
Want a shot at winning one of these fantastic prizes? You must register online! If you’re not comfortable entering your credit card online, register for the free ticket and bring your donation to the event.
I also wanted to thank the Calgary Twestival crew for getting an Alberta Twestival logo created:
Very cool! Here are a couple of other things created for Twestival recently:
- Donation Water Cloud – Donate and get your name on the cloud! The most generous donors will appear on the official Twestival t-shirt.
- Official T-Shirt – You can order the shirt until Monday, February 16th. I love the design!
- Twestival.fm – What’s a festival without music? Donate and tweet your favorite tunes.
I’ll be posting updates on both @mastermaq and @edmontontweetup as we get closer to show time. You can also check out the #twestival hashtag on Twitter Search.
Hope to see you on Thursday evening!
UPDATE: We made the front page of the Edmonton Journal today! You can read the article online here.
5 thoughts on “Two days until Edmonton Twestival 2009”
I saw the Edmonton Twestival article on the front page of the Edmonton Journal this morning. What great exposure! I hope it goes well, have fun everyone!
It’s disappointing that I’ve been so unplugged from media sources this past couple of weeks that I missed the notice of this event. I hope that I can touch base with organizers to put my name/site down as a sponsor/contributor for the next “Edmonton Twestival”