Tonight was our fifth “official” tweetup, hosted by iNews880! About 35 people or so descended on the Corus studios for free hamburgers and hotdogs. Our first tweetup was technically a family-friendly one (at Three Bananas) but there weren’t many locals on Twitter back then – today was a great opportunity to bring the kids, and many people did! It seemed like a long time since our last tweetup, so it was good to see everyone again.
We got the opportunity to tour the building, led by @britl, @Korinda, @NixonK, and @TheSpinDoctor. Kinda neat to see the behind-the-scenes. The cafeteria was decorated with lots of iNews880 banners, and even more little blue Twitter birds! There were dozens! Very festive. And of course, there was food and drinks. That’s really all you need to make a group of people happy 🙂
Here are a few select tweets from tonight:
- Persepolian: My first #yegtweetup was awesome fun. Thanks @britl, our great host
- Twuri: Great time at the #yegtweetup. Tasty food. Friendly people. Thanks again@britl!
- gadgetgreg: At #yegtweetup 5 At I880news doing a tour cool stuff
- JOEFM: iNews880 #yegtweetup is in the hizzouse!
- wunderbar: #yegtweetup is going very well. Having a good time, good turnout.
I had a good time at the tweetup and I think everyone else did too. Thanks to iNews880 for hosting us and to @britl and her team for organizing! Can’t wait until the next one! Stay tuned to the wiki for updates.
You can see the rest of my photos here.