I think it’s much more interesting and useful to hear a candidate explain their position on something, but there is still value in reading the many candidate surveys that go out during an election. Here are the ones I’ve found:
- Our Power Citizens Group – where do the candidates stand on the EPCOR deal?
- Citizens for Better Transit – what do the candidates think about public transit issues?
- PACE – what do the candidates do or plan to do for the arts?
- Canadian Cancer Society – mayoral candidates on health issues
- Cycle Edmonton – what do the candidates think about cycling in our city?
- Capital Club – where do the candidates stand on LGBTQ issues?
- Our Water Is Not For Sale – what do the candidates think about water?
- REALTORS Association of Edmonton – candidates on quality of life, affordable housing, etc.
- Canadian Taxpayers Federation – five questions on taxes, arena financing, etc.
- Connect2Edmonton candidate forums
- Edmonton Regional Coalition Questionnaire and other resources
- Edmonton Public Teachers Local 37 survey and other EPSB resources
- Edmonton Public Library Questionnaire
- Edmonton Journal Candidate Questionnaire
- EPSB Trustee Candidate Report Card
- St. Alberta Taxpayers Association survey
And if you’d rather watch your candidates answer questions, check out the election videos at ShareEdmonton or the archived candidate forums.
Advance voting is on now!
3 thoughts on “Edmonton Election 2010: Candidate Surveys”
Great job Mack. Here’s another candidate survey: http://bit.ly/aJpZvI
So great! Thanks!
Another for your list: Public Interest Alberta surveyed all school board trustees for the Edmonton election and the Calgary election. http://www.pialberta.org/action-areas/education/task-force/school-board-trustee-elections