Here are my weekly notes:
- You really must look at this post from Jason Kottke. Everyone knows a picture is worth a thousand words, yet sometimes it’s hard to find a good example. Well, here’s a great example.
- I absolutely hate that PodcastingNews.com can’t put the important links from a story right inside their RSS feed. If it’s a full-text feed, include the damn links! If you want to make me visit your site so you can display advertising, don’t offer full-text feeds, and I won’t subscribe, it’s that simple.
- Have you seen those “I’m a PC, I’m a Mac” commercials? I’m sure you have. This is what I think of every time I see them. How about you?
- Looking for podcasts? Here’s yet another directory. I really wonder why there are so many directories when so few tools of creation for podcasting actually exist. Makes me want to release Podcast Spot right now! (We’re in testing now, by the way, so very close. I’m really excited to start sharing our project with everyone!)
- This was one of the best Rocketboom episodes I have seen. Clever and funny!
- I’m just about finished reading Thomas Friedman’s book The World is Flat. Great idea/theory/strategy, and the first half of the book is really excellent. I think I could probably have skipped the second half of the book though, it tends to go on and on without offering anything new.