Today’s the day. Windows Vista is now available in stores, ready for you to purchase. I went to Best Buy today (for something else, not for Vista) and I have to say, the Vista display was sad. There were only a couple boxes on the shelf, and one demo computer. More people were buying the WoW expansion than Vista.
I guess that is to be expected though. Most people will get Vista when they buy a new computer. That has caused some people to wonder why Microsoft has spent so much on advertising for Windows Vista. I think it’s a tactical move.
Here are some of the more interesting things I have come across today related to the Vista launch:
- Bill Gates on The Daily Show from last night – awesome!
- No one is lining up for Windows Vista in San Francisco – from Niall Kennedy
- Vista launch: The day after – from Mary Jo Foley
- A Key Benefit of Vista – the Flickr Blog
- Live at the Windows Vista launch event – from Engadget
- Windows Vista’s three killer features – from Ed Bott
- Vista’s Fine Print – from Michael Geist
- Windows Vista TV Commercials – from Chris Pirillo