I didn’t post notes last night, but it’s a long weekend, so I figure tonight is fine 🙂
- We’re still working on an update for Podcast Spot. Not going home until we’re done. Like Dickson remarked, it seems we always work harder on holidays!
- Went to see Shrek the Third last night. It had it’s moments, but I wouldn’t have been sad if I had to wait for the DVD. I am disappointed more people didn’t join us though!
- Every time an online store announces DRM-free MP3s, I am going to think of this comic.
- Mark Shuttleworth says that Microsoft is not the real threat. He predicts Microsoft and “Linux” will be working together in a few years (I put that in quotes because it will really be IBM, Red Hat, etc). His post is worth a read…I think I agree with most of what he’s saying.
- I’ve been harping on Firefox for being a resource hog for years. The press seems to have caught on this last week. (That link is for Wired, here’s the NYTimes article.)
- I really like data visualizations. I came across Breathing Earth this week via Darren. Pretty cool.
- So I’ve been looking for a full-time programming job lately. Had my first interview Thursday, and it went very well. More on this later.
- Halo 3 has a release date: September 25th, 2007.