Here are my weekly notes – this edition has a “green” theme since Live Earth was yesterday:
- On-demand streams of all the concerts are available at the MSN Live Earth site. It really only works in Internet Explorer, but aside from that, it’s a great experience.
- The Wikipedia entry for Live Earth is very informative, and includes a good overview of the event’s controversies criticisms. I like the comment Chris Rock made in London: “I think this will do for global warming what Live 8 did for ending world hunger.”
- This comic about The Art of Greenwashing is very funny.
- Andrew, this one is for you (and for the other WoW geeks reading this) – a 47 PC, 7 monitor setup for World of Warcraft. Insane. Such a waste of energy!
- Microsoft says the MSN Live Earth site broke all kinds of streaming records, but Dan Rayburn remains unimpressed and says “show me the money.”
- Boeing unveiled it’s brand new 787 Dreamliner this afternoon. It’s billed as “the most environmentally friendly” airplane ever built. I watched the live premiere over the web – too much talking, not enough plane!
- My computer has been running for 25 days now, almost exactly. Bad habit of mine, never turning my computer off! Monitors are set to auto-shutoff, of course.