It feels to me like October has come and gone very quickly! I can’t believe that Halloween is on Wednesday. Oh well. Here are my weekly notes:
- A thumb drive with a terabyte of storage space? Sign me up!
- If you think Windows is the only operating system that has the blue screen of death, think again. Apple has decided to join the BSOD club with OS X Leopard. So much for "no crashes" being a selling point!
- A third of Africa’s citizens will have access to broadband Internet by 2012? I hope it happens, but I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Do you know what the fastest growing group in Facebook history is? It’s titled "1,000,000 Strong For Stephen T Colbert", and it reached that mark in just nine days. Currently the group is at almost 1.2 million members. I wish I could see the breakdown of group members by age.
- I need to find a good place to read about Chinese technology companies. There’s lots of interesting stuff happening over there, such as the $1.5 billion IPO for Alibaba.com.
- Live in Edmonton and want an iPhone? Dial Hugh for iPhones! Heh well done sir.
- Busy week ahead for me…lots of moving. Hopefully I’ll get some programming done too! Oh and blog reading…haven’t opened Google Reader in days…