Made it to San Antonio tonight finally, and then spent a couple hours meeting both Questionmark staff and customers. Should be a great conference this week!
Here are my weekly notes:
- There were two really big tech stories this week: the launch of Flickr Video, and the launch of Google’s App Engine. Haven’t had a chance to play with either of them yet. Flickr Video looks exciting based on what I’ve read so far. Google-owned Jaiku announced it is moving to App Engine.
- A milestone for Canada and the Internet: 1 million .ca domain names!
- On the web, at least, the race between Obama and Clinton isn’t close.
- Interesting article on the NHL’s broadband initiatives, just in time for the playoffs.
- I mentioned local artist Samantha Schultz the other day – Sharon picked up her debut CD this week, it’s great!
- Excellent post from Fred Wilson: We Need A New Path To Liquidity. Be sure to check out the comments too.
- We need a Wikipedia for data. Great idea, I completely agree.
Not sure how much I’ll be blogging over the next few days, but I should be able to sneak in a few posts! I’m gonna get some sleep now though, it was a fairly tiring day.