Here are my weekly notes:
- Went to see my Dad at the airport yesterday as he had some time to kill before his flight home to Inuvik. They must have raised the prices for parking, because it cost me $11 for just an hour and half!
- Not sure how I missed this, but it turns out that the downforeveryoneorjustme.com website was created by Alex Payne – he works at Twitter.
- Vanity Fair has a fascinating article on the Bear Stearns collapse. Some believe it was the greatest financial scandal in history. It’s long, but worth the read if you’re interested.
- 37signals is dropping support for IE6 across their entire product line. I think we’ll see a lot more announcements like this, especially as IE8 nears.
- Fellow WordPress bloggers – here are 10 things you need to know about WordPress 2.6.
- According to a study by Ipsos MediaCT, 82 percent of Americans have never used text messaging. I call BS – I don’t believe that for a second.
- After a week of incredibly hot temperatures, we had quite a bit of rain in Edmonton this weekend, complete with thunder and lightning. I managed to take a couple photos of a rainbow that appeared yesterday evening.