Here are my weekly notes:
- This photo sums up the problems Apple had this week with the launch of the iPhone 3G and the new software.
- Interesting article on The Dark Knight and Chicago, where much of the movie was filmed. Only four days – I can’t wait!
- Went to Koutouki downtown on Friday night for a friend’s birthday dinner – it was great! Food was tasty, and the service was superb.
- Here’s the Jerry Yang picture worth 1000 words. Priceless.
- Mevio, formerly known as PodShow, has raised another $15 million in funding. Not sure why. The $38 million they have raised thus far seems extremely high.
- I don’t remember having to do a big project in the I.B. program, and certainly nothing like this kid’s wooden bicycle.
- Did you see the photo of four Iranian missiles this week? Turns out they know how to use Photoshop – there really was only three! Here are some other versions of the photo made by BoingBoing readers.
- Sharon and I spent the day taking in some local events. First we went to the Old Strathcona Fashion Extravaganza & Whyte Avenue Street Sale & Art Walk. Yes, Whyte Ave was a busy place today – photos here. After that we went to St. Albert for the Taste of Summer 2008 event which showcased local food and artists – photos here.
For some reason they had the waterfall on the High Level Bridge running today. We stopped to snap a few photos and a short video.