Can you believe it’s almost August already? Here are my weekly notes:
- Google says they are now indexing 1 trillion unique URLs. Not pages, as they used to report, but unique web addresses.
- Sharon and I went to Taste of Edmonton last night. It was pretty good, and very busy. My favorite item was probably the butter chicken, and my least favorite was definitely the Mexican Deep Fried Ice Cream. The coating was just too soggy. Photos are here.
- The Dark Knight continues to shatter box office records. It grossed $300 million in just ten days – that’s six better than 2006’s Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest. Could TDK surpass Titanic next?
- The “bacon” meme continues with: Diet Coke with Bacon, and Bacon Mints!
- Apparently the new del.icio.us is once again on the way, which is exciting news. As TechCrunch says though, we’ve heard that before.
- What a waste of paper: they’re making a print version of the German Wikipedia. Stupid, stupid, stupid idea. The whole notion that it’s a glimpse at a specific time in history is bollocks too – bury a DVD or something.
- Jay Leno’s last night as host of The Tonight Show will be May 29th, 2009. Conan O’Brien takes over June 1st.
- Here’s an interview with Spencer Elden, the naked little baby on Nirvana’s iconic 1991 album Nevermind.