Here are my weekly notes:
- Pretty crazy news about hurricane Gustav this weekend. I guess there haven’t been as many storms this year as there was in 2005 – Katrina hit during the last week of August that year.
- Here’s an interview with Clay Shirky talking about Twitter. I was disappointed with it, too short and not enough discussion.
- Obama’s text message announcing Biden as his VP pick reached 2.9 million people. McCain chose Sarah Palin from Alaska this week.
- Sharon sent me this – the Festival of Ideas, taking place at the University of Alberta this November. There are some interesting speakers lined up.
- Apparently New York’s HIV rate is three times the national average.
- Funny story about how people in China react to fortune cookies – with amusement!
- Here’s a fascinating article in the latest issue of Wired on Shai Agassi and his plan to put electric cars on the road.
- Went out to the lake this weekend with Sharon. Kim and Tom and a couple of their friends also made the trip. It was fun to take Sharon canoeing and stuff. Of course, I was quite content to just sit around the fire and drink beer! My photos are here.