September is nearly over, just like that. Here are my weekly notes:
- Thanks to everyone who came out to the housewarming party Kim and I hosted last night! Also major thanks to Sharon, who did most of the work and created a fantastic fall menu. Photos are here. Check out Sharon’s post for a full rundown.
- I’m definitely going to see Bill Maher’s new film, Religulous. Comes out October 3rd.
- I think my favorite part about election season is the humor and satire. The two best in the business are featured on the cover of Entertainment Weekly. Not just any old cover though, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert have recreated the controversial New Yorker cover. Just pure awesome.
- Speaking of elections, I found a new site today that Canadians might be interested in – Barack Obama for Prime Minister!
- More on the American election…Twitter launched an Election 2008 site this week. Inspired by Politweets, undoubtedly. There’s more on the site in this post from VentureBeat.
- Technorati released their updated State of the Blogosphere this week. Some interesting statistics, but lots to read through.
- Nirvana’s iconic album Nevermind was released 17 years ago (Wednesday). One of my favorites.
- Here’s some speculation that Google reverse-engineered Windows in order to build Chrome.
Sharon and I were surprised to find the weather so nice today, so we went for a walk. Roughly four hours later, we finally made it back! Took lots of great photos though (I need to geotag them now). Fall really is a beautiful time of year.
2 thoughts on “Notes for 9/28/2008”
hey checking out your blog–found you on twitter.
just wanted to say your theme is awesome with the social media links across the top–pretty sweet, nice work.
Thanks Matt, I appreciate it!