Here are my weekly notes:
- Everyone seems to be down on Yahoo lately, but Fortune has five reasons to buy Yahoo stock. I’d be wary.
- Justine Ezarik, better known as iJustine, received a write-up in the latest issue of MIT’s Technology Review. I can’t decide if that says something about her, or something about the publication.
- Google launched a US Voter Information site this week. We need something like this in Canada! I wonder what kind of impact it will have on voter turnout.
- Check out these incredible pictures and drawings of Dubai. Not sure if it’s all true or not, but I suspect it is.
- Lots of speculation in the last few days that Windows 7 will be released in the latter half of 2009. We should learn a lot more from Microsoft’s PDC, which starts tomorrow.
- Amazon’s Web Services division had a big week – EC2 is no longer in beta, there’s an SLA, and Windows/SQL Server support is now in beta. Keep it up AWS!
- I installed the latest “Windows Live” beta this weekend, and I like the look. Not so impressed with the performance thus far.