Here are my weekly notes:
- This week Twitter announced they will no longer be able to send messages to Canadians via SMS due to rising costs. Stupid Canadian mobile industry. Apparently Twitter also turned down a $500 million takeover offer from Facebook. And finally, Shaq is on Twitter!
- Okay one more sort of about Twitter – CNN covered the impact of social media in relation to the Mumbai terrorist attacks.
- Sometime this week The Pirate Bay turned five years old! Looking forward to another five.
- As you may have noticed, YouTube changed all videos to a widescreen format this week. Great for new videos, but it kinda sucks for the old ones.
- Rumor has it that Microsoft is in talks to acquire Yahoo’s search business for $20 billion. I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Pay attention to the news tomorrow – it seems likely that Barack Obama will nominate Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State. He’s expected to keep Robert Gates as Defense Secretary.
December 1st tomorrow, can you believe it? Just 25 days until Christmas. BTW, this is such a waste of a great domain name.