Here are some Edmonton-related things I found interesting this week:
- I guess winter has finally arrived 😦 Though it was raining tonight, very odd!
- Here are a couple things I already wrote about: Edmonton’s new Future Shop, and more funding for the Winter Lights festival.
- There were a number of political rallies in Edmonton this week. Dave Cournoyer has photos from both the pro-coalition and anti-coalition rallies. Here are some more pro-coalition photos from @livingsanctuary.
- A new report says that an LRT line from downtown to Mill Woods would cost up to $2 billion. The line would end at the Mill Woods transit centre, and could use any of the four existing bridges across the river.
- I think this is really cool: starting summer 2009, the entire NAIT campus will be smoke-free! Smokers need to be 10 meters away from entrances.
- Sharon’s latest Edmonton events post is up – December in Edmonton is for the Holidays.
- We’re holding a Wrapping Tweetup tomorrow night for Santa’s Anonymous. Even if you’re not a Twitter user, feel free to come out and help us wrap and sort toys!
- I guess Christmas is definitely here now – Shaw started the Yule log channel! It’s available on cable 114 (and on channel 230 in HD, channel 1 in analog) through January 15th. They’ve also got a Christmas tree channel on cable 115 (and channel 5 in analog).
2 thoughts on “Edmonton Notes for 12/6/2008”
Cool blog, like the layout and the random news bits. Im amazed you are so tied into the social networking thing. Funny thing is I think you are actually following me on twitter and I managed to stumble across this website on a google search… Kinda weird, but cool.
Cool, thanks for stopping by!