Here are some Edmonton-related things I found interesting this week:
- It’s warm and sunny outside again today! A new record-high temperature was set on Friday here in Edmonton, at 6.9 C. The previous record, set in 1972, was 4.4 C. Get out and enjoy it – there’s lots going on, such as Ice on Whyte which runs until the 25th.
- Edmonton Minor Hockey Week 2009 wraps up tomorrow – the Journal has a photo gallery of the action.
- For the third straight year, the Edmonton International Airport led the country in passenger growth at 6.1%. Passenger numbers reached 6.5 million!
- Yesterday was proclaimed Glenn Anderson Day in recognition of the Oiler great. His number will be retired at Rexall Place tomorrow evening before the Edmonton-Phoenix game.
- This year marks the 100th anniversary of the Alberta Soccer Association, and plans are underway to bring Inter Milan to Edmonton in August to play a team from South America. That would be cool.
- I attended an information session on Edmonton EXPO 2017 on Thursday evening. If you’d like to volunteer, you have until the 23rd to submit an application.
- Mark the evening of February 12th in your calendar for Edmonton Twestival! We’re still getting the details sorted out, but Edmonton will definitely be participating in the global event!