Here are my weekly notes:
- Just got back from celebrating Andrea’s birthday at King Noodle Hot Pot, and I feel like I gained a hundred pounds! Very good though, and she was definitely surprised. Happy Birthday Andrea! Pictures are here.
- On Friday, Sharon and I went to Eden Lilly for “a very sexy party” which Sharon wrote about here. Yesterday we went to check out the Royal Bison Craft & Art Fair, which you can read about here.
- Despite repeated statements to the contrary, Microsoft will indeed change the behavior of the UAC control panel in Windows 7. All you need to know is that this’ll make Windows 7 more secure.
- Very cool from the New York Times: the Article Search API. With it you can search through more than 2.8 million articles from 1981 until present, via 35 searchable fields.
- Facebook has joined the OpenID foundation. That’s pretty cool, and something I didn’t think would happen.
- Another interesting (and long overdue) announcement from Facebook – they’ve opened up the status API to other applications.
- Should be a couple of Twestival-related articles published this week! If you’re planning on joining us on Thursday, please register online.