Here are some Edmonton-related things I found interesting this week:
- Councillor Henderson would like to see the street between City Hall and Churchill Square closed to create a year-round, pedestrian-friendly civic centre. I think that’s a great idea.
- In case you missed it – here’s the SEE Magazine article on Twestival.
- Homeward Trust has announced the dates of the next two Homeless Connect events – Sunday, May 24th and Sunday, October 4th.
- One of the biggest things this week was the official launch of Edmonton Transit trip planning on Google Maps.
- The first Citizen Panel meeting was webcasted today. Looks like they are posting archives too.
- I really hope the province gets on board with EXPO 2017, because I think it would be great for Edmonton. Councillor Iveson says the city should drop its bid if the province doesn’t step up to the late.
- Edmonton is no longer the last city in North America to have double-councillor wards – the plan to move to 12 wards was approved in principle this week.
- The Edmonton Sun did something really interesting on Family Day – they printed only “positive” news.
- If you’re a local food blogger, you might consider checking out the Edmonton Foodie Meetup on the 26th. You have to sign up on the wiki.