As I mentioned in my last post, I didn’t touch a computer all weekend. I can’t remember the last time I went that long without using a computer! I wasn’t completely disconnected however, I read email and posted updates using my BlackBerry.
Here are my weekly notes:
- Sharon and I had a good time in Calgary this weekend. We ate at four places on our short “eat-away” – Pfanntastic Pannenkoek Haus, Rush, Dairy Lane Cafe, and Peter’s. The main event, for Calgary Dine Out Week, was Rush. Sharon will be posting about each one this week. My food pictures are here, and my pictures from the Calgary Zoo are here.
- Last night, just after we got back to the city, we went to see Bill Maher at the River Cree Casino & Resort. He performed in “The Venue”, a giant tent behind the main casino building. I thought he spent too much time on the Republicans, but overall I enjoyed the show. He’s very funny!
- Cool post from Pingdom – the size of social networks vs. the size of countries.
- Interesting entry from Boing Boing guest-blogger Dan Gillmor on the New York Times and “Serious” journalism.
- Another interesting read – Behind the Scenes at Mininova. I use that site all the time to find torrents!