Here are my weekly notes:
- Thank you to Sharon for giving me the kick-in-the-behind that was necessary to get me started on my spring cleaning. My room looks so much better, and I finally found things that had been lost for months!
- I’m perfectly happy drinking tap water, but I have to admit that Boxed Water Is Better is fairly interesting. Apparently they donate 20% of their profits to world water relief and tree reforestation foundations.
- According to TeleGeography, Skype is now the largest provider of cross-border voice communications in the world. Pretty impressive! I use it everyday for precisely that purpose.
- Some details on the CBC cutbacks from Tod.
- Alberta has a new brand and slogan: “Freedom To Create. Spirit To Achieve.” Like my friend Chris, I actually quite like it. Dave has a slightly different take on it.
- Here are eight lessons learned as a brand on Twitter from the Blogger team.
- The 2009 F1 season started this weekend, with the brand new Brawn GP team finishing first and second! The TSN broadcast was terrible – no pre-race show, abrupt commercial breaks, and worst of all, a five to eight lap delay. That’s just unacceptable given F1’s official live-timing, Twitter, and other ways to get information immediately. TSN better get its act together for the next race.