As you may have noticed, Edmonton Transit (ETS) has launched a new marketing campaign in conjunction with the grand opening of the McKernan/Belgravia and South Campus LRT Stations. I’m not sure which agency created the concept (or if it was done in-house), but I love it!
This is the right message for ETS. They need to get across the idea that you can use public transit as part of your daily routine. That transit can fit into your life in a positive way!
So far I’ve seen three:
- The every day way to go green with a new routine
- The every day way to save $5500 a year
- The every day way to South Campus
Here are some others that could work:
- The every day way to save money on parking and gas
- The every day way to achieve a less-stressful commute
- The every day way to reach your destination safely
- The every day way to the Edmonton Eskimos
A second stage of the campaign could have real people in the ads, to try to eliminate any negative perceptions attached to riding the bus. I’m thinking “The every day way for Don Iveson” with a photo of him, that kind of thing. They don’t all have to be local celebrities, but a few wouldn’t hurt!
So far I’ve seen the ads in fluorescent green and pink on bus shelters, benches, and billboards. I’d really love to see the campaign expanded to other mediums also. How about radio spots? Internet ads? It’s a simple message that can be shared very easily.
What do you think – does the new campaign hit the mark?