Here are my weekly notes:
- My Dad was in town over the weekend, so we got to hang out a bit. He took us for dinner to Montana’s last night, a restaurant I’ve never been to. I always thought the commercials were over the top, but I understand now they’re just a reflection of the level of kitsch inside the place! Watch Sharon’s blog for a review.
- Jenson Button won the Bahrain Grand Prix today – thankfully there wasn’t any rain! Brawn is certainly looking strong this season.
- Sounds like the release candidate of Windows 7 is now out, as are details about the new Windows XP Mode feature. Very, very smart move by Microsoft. That single feature will go a long way toward ensuring the success of Windows 7.
- As you may have heard, Yahoo is shutting down Geocities. Fred Wilson has some great history here.
- Techvibes has the details on the first round of innovation vouchers issued by the Government of Alberta.
- Zappos sounds like a pretty cool company – don’t miss this post by Scoble.
- Swine flu has made its way to Canada. More than 80 people have died from the disease in Mexico so far.
UPDATE: On Friday I did another interview about Twitter, this time for CityTV. You can watch the segment here.