Here are my weekly Edmonton notes:
- The City of Edmonton is inviting the public to submit photos on what they’d like to see or avoid for the City Centre Airport lands. The deadline to submit is May 15th.
- Yesterday was the final day of service for Edmonton’s trolley buses. Don Iveson wrote a good post about them here.
- Sharon has another great list of Edmonton events for May.
- There are two public information sessions taking place on May 13th where you can learn about the new LRT Network Plan. To RSVP, email LRTprojects@edmonton.ca by May 11th.
- Why not a University of Edmonton? Grant MacEwan College is changing its name to MacEwan University, but some feel they are missing an opportunity.
- The 22nd annual River Valley Clean Up is tomorrow from 10am to 3pm at Louise McKinney Riverfront Park.
- The federal government presented the Edmonton International Fringe Festival with a $400,000 grant this week. The money is part of a new two-year, $100-million program to help stimulate Canadian tourism.
- Yesterday I wrote about the Jasper Avenue New Visions project. Worth checking out if you’re interested in the future of our city’s main street.
- Upcoming events to take note of: DemoCamp 7 on May 13th, and TransitCamp on May 30th.