Travel has put a wrinkle in these posts for the last few weeks – all should be back to normal soon! Here are some Edmonton notes for this week:
- The new dEdmonton website has launched! It looks great. Canada’s Halloween Festival runs October 19-31.
- The City is hosting a public hearing on the Municipal Development Plan and the Transportation Master Plan on Tuesday, June 23rd from 9:30am until 9:30pm at City Hall. These are the City’s two primary plans for achieving the vision.
- Edmonton and Calgary are officially the only two Canadian cities in the running for EXPO 2017. Here’s a great backgrounder with some analysis from The Journal. The Sun’s Diotte wrote of Calgary’s bid: “Sneaky. Sleazy. Self-centred. Conniving. Outrageous. Boorish.”
- Police Chief Mike Boyd says citizens may soon be able to use the EPS website to find crime statistics for a specific neighbourhood over time. Could be very cool and useful, depending on how it is implemented.
- Your guide to living local in June from Original Fare and Keep Edmonton Original.
- The third EcoVision Annual Report was released recently.
- Edmonton Transit and the University of Alberta are testing smart cards, with a technology they are calling “ETSBlue”. The demo project starts this month and runs until August.
- More than 15,000 people made use of the Edmonton Food Bank in March, an increase of 70% over last year. There have been similar increases at food banks across the country.
- Couple of upcoming events I’m looking forward to: Pecha Kucha 4, BarCampEdmonton2.
- Sharon has a great list of June events in Edmonton. Don’t miss it!
3 thoughts on “Edmonton Notes for 6/7/2009”
“# Police Chief Mike Boyd says citizens may soon be able to use the EPS website to find crime statistics for a specific neighbourhood over time. Could be very cool and useful, depending on how it is implemented.”
Or devastating to house prices in certain areas…
“The new dEdmonton website has launched! It looks great. Canada’s Halloween Festival runs October 19-31.”
Why did they launch it? The top three links basically go no where… Seems like it’s not finished
Well it’s better than what was up before, at least there is some information now! Stay tuned, it’ll grow quite quickly I’m sure.