Summer is nearly gone! At least we’re getting some warm weather to finish it off. Here are my weekly notes:
- Went to see District 9 on Friday with Sharon. I’m not sure it lived up to the hype, but I did find it clever and entertaining. The shaky-cam I could have done without, however.
- This is funny: the best out of office replies ever.
- Apple’s Fifth Avenue store in New York sells the equivalent of one Mercedes-Benz C300 sedan per square foot – “Apple may be the highest grossing retailer ever on Fifth Avenue.”
- Useful: Typedia, a shared encyclopedia of typefaces. Somewhat related: Ikea switched from Futura and Century Schoolbook to Verdana in the latest catalogue. And on the topic of Ikea, here’s the 1965 catalogue.
- I had no idea there was a Singularity University, backed by Google and operating on NASA’s Silicon Valley campus. Cool stuff.
- Sharon and I went to the Edmonton Corn Maze this weekend! It was fun! My photoset is here.