Here are my weekly notes:
- Intuit bought Mint.com this week for $170 million. I’ve read a lot of backlash to the deal though, such as this post.
- Another day, another front-page headline for The Katz Group regarding the proposed arena. It’s amazing how The Journal continues to pump out stories despite having zero new information.
- I walked to school when I was a kid (granted I lived in Inuvik where you could walk from one end of the town to the other in about 15 minutes). Darren points to a New York Times article on how those days are long gone.
- An interview with Vinod Khosla.
- Fascinating concept: One pig, 185 different products.
- I like looking at logos, I don’t know why. Boing Boing linked to an animated short in which the city of Los Angeles and all the characters are composed of corporate logos.
- Sharon and I had a busy weekend! Yesterday was the Citadel open house and the Randall Stout talk on the new Art Gallery of Alberta. Today was the AIDS Walk For Life (I raised $210, thanks everyone!) and we stopped by Everyone for Edmonton too.