Here are my weekly notes:
- This is interesting: What makes a successful online dating photo? See also: The 4 Big Myths of Profile Pictures.
- What happened with the Internet in 2009? Pingdom attempts some answers in this round-up post.
- This is a pretty amazing story: “Alone in the darkness beneath layers of rubble, Dan Woolley felt blood streaming from his head and leg. Then he remembered — he had an app for that.”
- Apparently people have been trying to fix the English language’s illogical system of spelling for quite some time, without any success. Then came text messages.
- This probably should have happened sooner: CBC Radio’s live streams are now MP3 streams.
- New data from TeleGeography show that Skype is now the largest provider of cross border communications in the world.
- Apple was responsible for 99.4% of mobile app sales in 2009. Incredible. Can’t wait to see what they launch on Wednesday.