Didn’t get around to this yesterday, so here we go, my weekly notes Monday edition!
- I think my panel on Saturday with Karen and Colby at MacEwan’s Future of Story conference went very well. The rest of the conference was also really interesting, and gave me much to think about.
- From CBC: Arctic ice melting faster than feared.
- Sharon and I watched Up in the Air this weekend, which I thought was great! Somewhat odd ending, but overall, very good.
- Cool new feature from Google Maps: Nearby places you might like.
- A little geeky, but fascinating read: Recent evidence of horizontal gene transfer has some scientists thinking that the dominant form of evolution for most of the Earth’s history was between non-related organisms and not among ancestors.
- Saw this on Twitter: San Francisco’s Answer to Westboro Baptist Church. Priceless.
- Nice visualization of the size of Facebook.