Busy week ahead for me. Here are my weekly notes:
- I’m off to Reboot Alberta on Friday. Should be good, especially with the recent Renew-Alberta-Party merger.
- I really enjoyed this post from Dave Winer: What we don’t understand. Helps to put things back in perspective every now and again.
- As I mentioned, I was impressed by the Vancouver 2010 opening ceremonies. There are some great photos of that evening at The Big Picture blog.
- More Vancouver stuff: Inside the Social Media Strategy of the Winter Olympic Games.
- Twitter’s Plan to Analyze 100 Billion Tweets. They questions listed in that post seem rather…simplistic. Just think of all the information you could obtain from that many tweets!
- Here’s a great TED Talk with Bill Gates on energy called Innovating to zero! And here’s a related post I stumbled upon after watching: GE Hitachi Plans to Turn Nuclear Waste into Fuel.
- I wonder how reliable the estimates are, but apparently we’ll see 5 billion cell phone subscriptions worldwide this year. Pretty amazing.
- Overcoming Creative Block. I like to read, write, and maybe go for a walk.