Here are my weekly notes:
- This weekend marked the 20th anniversary of the launching of the Hubble Telescope. It’s pretty amazing when you think about all we’ve learned from it.
- Love Lady Gaga? Here are 50 covers, choreographies, and parodies on YouTube.
- David Carr wrote a great overview of how Gizmodo monetized the iPhone spectacle.
- An update on the planes vs. volcano visualization I linked to last week.
- Nice: Announcing the first free software Blu-ray encoder.
- From comScore: State of the digital media universe in Canada.
- Roger Ebert says video games can never be art.