Here are my weekly notes:
- Happy 5th Birthday to YouTube! The site now streams two billion views per day.
- I did a talk on social media at the Alberta Liberal Convention this weekend. I thought it went quite well, with good participation from the audience. Only one person asked if I am a liberal (I’m not…I don’t and won’t belong to any political party).
- Here’s a great post from Anil Dash on why he won’t sign an NDA. I’ll definitely be pointing to this in the future.
- In case you missed it: Announcing TED’s Open TV Project.
- Apparently Twitter has updated its trending topics algorithm, so that Justin Bieber appears less frequently. Not sure how effective it is, as two of the top ten topics as I write this are “Twieber” and “Jieber”.
- This is a good “special report” on Oracle’s Larry Ellison.
- OpenID + OAuth 2.0 = OpenID Connect?
Did you miss the City Market Downtown on Saturday? Don’t make that mistake again! Here is Sharon’s recap.