Such a nice weekend here in Edmonton! Here are my weekly notes:
- Who knew LOLcats would become such a big business? Here’s a NYTimes profile on I Can Has Cheezburger.
- Really interesting photo gallery showing how the Library of Congress is digitizing the past and present.
- I’ve noticed this lately: The Tech Press Turns on Microsoft’s Ballmer.
- Google has a new search index, called Caffeine.
- Big security breach this week for Apple iPad owners. Though I haven’t heard much about it since the story broke, so many it wasn’t a big deal after all?
- Also Apple-related this week: they announced iPhone 4. NewTeeVee asks if Apple is killing the Flip as a result. All I can say is that I plan to get an iPhone 4, and likely won’t be getting a new Flip.
- The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan. Wow.