Happy Father’s Day! Here are my weekly notes:
- The end of best friends? Only if adults continue to intervene. Why can’t we just let kids be kids?
- Apparently some Chinese companies hire white men to pose as fake businessmen. It’s all about appearances.
- Twitter reports it currently sees 750 tweets per second on an average day, which is 65 million tweets every day. The current record holding event is Game 7 of the NBA Championships – the Lakers win resulted in 3,085 tweets per second.
- IBM has a new high profile supercomputer – Watson plays Jeopardy. It’s not as smart as you’d think though.
- The shortest possible game of Monopoly: 21 seconds. Be sure to read through the comments for even more solutions and discussion!
- I’m not sure why they decided to rebrand, but so far Telus customers don’t seem very happy with the new Optik name (applies to TV and Internet).
It was a busy weekend for Sharon and I! Last night we were at Slow Food Edmonton’s Summer Solstice Dinner, where everything was cooked inside a backyard-wood-burning-oven (which got as hot as 900 degrees Fahrenheit):
This afternoon we went to Councillor Don Iveson’s campaign launch party:
We spent the rest of the afternoon and early evening at Rundle Park: