Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend! Here are my weekly notes:
- I think it’s amazing that, thanks to advances in technology, we can even take a stab at answering questions like this: What if the Earth stopped spinning?
- Is radical transparency compatible with total anonymity? That’s the WikiLeaks paradox.
- Remember the movie Helvetica? Jason describes it as part of a design triology. The next installment, Urbanized, sounds like my kind of film.
- It sounds like the plot of a movie: seven “keys to the Internet” have been spread across the globe.
- The Acceleration of Addiction. Thought-provoking piece, as usual, from Paul Graham.
Sharon and I were “celebrity” judges at the Heritage Festival this weekend, along with former City Councillor Michael Phair and CTV’s News Director Glenn Kubish. It was lots of fun, especially getting to drive around in a golf cart! You can see all of our photos here.