Here are my weekly notes:
- Why Blockbuster’s success in Canada is a bad news story: “Blockbuster in Canada is profitable not because it has been innovative. Not because it has reinvented itself in a digital era. Not because it has been visionary. Blockbuster is okay because the innovations and services that have devastated its southern partner basically aren’t available in Canada.”
- Thoughtful piece by Malcolm Gladwell on why the revolution will not be tweeted.
- Of course there are faults, but this is pretty amazing: YouTube can (with the assistance of the copyright holders) really validate every minute of uploaded video against every minute of every major copyrighted work.
- Related: YouTube Time Machine.
- When will the first Earth-like planet bet discovered? May 2011, apparently.
- Why Startups Outside Tech Cities Aren’t Totally Farked.
Sharon and I spent all day Sunday on the Slow Food Edmonton Dairy Farm Tour! We visited Sylvan Star Cheese and Bles Wold Yogurt. You can see all of our photos here.