It has been over a month since my last notes post. The mini-break wasn’t on purpose! I like the weekly notes entry, because I can go back and see what I found interesting at any given point in time. Of course, you can always see what I’m reading in my Google Reader Shared Items (they also appear on the right column).
Here are my weekly notes:
- Don Martin’s final column in the Calgary Herald. He’s been writing there for 32 years.
- I was surprised to read that Brightkite is getting rid of check-ins, deciding to focus instead on group texting. The location-space is hot right now, so it seems odd that they’d drop out. I’ve written about Brightkite a few times in the past.
- The original rules for Basketball sold for $4.3 million at auction, while the Emancipation Proclamation went for just $3.8 million.
- Here’s a great profile of Boing Boing.
- If you’re in need of some reading material for the holidays – Give Me Something To Read Best of 2010.
- Here it is: the list of lists related to 2010.
- What a fascinating idea: a time lapse of Natalie, from a baby to ten years old!